On the 20th of September 2021, all Overwatch players were greeted with a black screen when launching or joining a game. The developer has not yet released an update on what caused the issue and is unsure if it will be fixed in time for release.
The “overwatch black screen on launch 2021” is a problem that has been present for a while. Blizzard has released an update to fix the issue.
Our Opinions After reviewing the products/services in line with our professional standards, we write reviews.
Fees for referrals When you buy anything via one of our links, we may be paid an affiliate commission. This, however, has no bearing on the content of our evaluations or the products/services we evaluate. Direct links to purchase items that are part of affiliate programs may appear in our content.
Standards are being reviewed. To guarantee that each review is based on an impartial, honest, and professional analysis of the product/service, all reviews published on CPUtemper must fulfill our stringent reviewing requirements. As a result of these requirements, we must assess the product’s technical features and attributes as well as its economic worth for consumers, which may influence the product’s ranking on the website.
If you keep experiencing a black screen while launching Overwatch, you’re not alone!
Many users have reported that while playing Overwatch, a black screen appears at the start or in the middle of the game.
The black screen problem may be caused by a variety of factors, the most frequent of which are obsolete drivers, incompatible overlays, low system requirements, third-party software, or incorrect graphics card settings.
You should also be aware of the possibility of PC overheating; if this occurs, you should first check your PC’s temperature using CPU temperature monitoring programs before attempting to decrease the temperature.
How Do I Fix Overwatch’s Black Screen When It First Launches?
When you launch Overwatch, you will often see the Blizzard logo followed by a blank screen. The sound is playing in the background, but you are unable to play the game.
To get out of this position quickly, use the solutions listed below.
1. Review the OverWatch System Requirements
If you’re seeing a black screen while trying to run Overwatch, verify sure your machine satisfies the Overwatch system requirements.
You won’t be able to play this game effectively if your computer doesn’t meet these criteria.
2. Update Graphics Drivers and Windows Operating System
The majority of people were able to resolve the overwatch black screen problem by upgrading their graphics drivers and operating system.
Downloading the driver updater application is the simplest approach to keep your drivers up to date. These programs will automatically check for and install the most recent version of the driver on your computer.
3. Remove any conflicting apps that use the overlay feature.
Some overlay-enabled apps might cause the Blizzard games to fail when they first start up. Uninstall MSI Afterburner FPS overlay or NZXT Cam overlay if you have them installed.
Razer synapse should also be removed from your PC. Overwatch startup issues may also be caused by the following programs:
- EVGA Precision is a company that focuses on precision.
4. Reduce the in-game graphics settings
If your PC’s system requirements are minimal, you should play Overwatch with lower in-game settings.
- To get started, go to the Overwatch main menu.
- Set the graphics quality to Low using the dropdown or slider.
- Choose your options.
- Reduce the number of details and the resolution.
- While you’re tinkering with the parameters, see whether you see a difference in game performance.
- Disable any that have a negative impact on performance.
Check to see whether the black screen in Overwatch has been repaired while playing.
5. Modify your GeForce Experience settings
- Launch the GeForce Experience application.
- Choose Games and click on it.
- Select Overwatch from the left pane.
- Select the Custom Setting icon from the right side.
- Select Borderless Window from the Display Mode menu.
- Apply should be selected.
Check whether the Overwatch black screen on startup still occurs after modifying these settings.
6. Replace any Overwatch files that are missing.
When the game files are corrupted or missing, the Overwatch black screen issue arises. To fix game files, you must first examine their integrity.
- Run the Battle.net App for Blizzard.
- Select Overwatch > Options > Scan and Repair from the main menu.
- Click Begin Scan in the new window that appears.
Wait for the scan to finish before starting the Overwatch game.
Fix number seven: Delete the Game Cache.
8. Turn off the Game DVR
9. Download and install the most recent Overwatch patch.
10. Play Overwatch as an administrator.
11. Remove “Battle.net Tools”
Watch This Video-
The “overwatch black screen on launch xbox” is a problem that has been present for a while. Blizzard has released a fix to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my Overwatch keep crashing 2021?
A: To fix crashing Overwatch, please bring your system specs to the table.
Why does my Overwatch crash on launch?
A: Your game is probably too old. Overwatch updated to v1.28 on May 24th, but if your game is older than that, it will crash when you launch the game with v1.28 or later installed in your system folder
How do I fix Overwatch crash?
A: There are many reasons why a game such as Overwatch might crash. For example, you can try doing a hard reset of your device and trying the gaming again
- overwatch black screen on launch reddit
- overwatch crashes on launch 2020
- overwatch crashes on launch 2021
- overwatch black screen fullscreen
- overwatch black screen mid game