Hi! My name is Vicent and I work as a web developer. I recently upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and found myself having a lot of trouble with drivers. I had a lot of trouble with the installation of a particular driver and decided to look online on a solution. I found a lot of people with the same issue, but no answer as to why. I decided to help the community on how to fix the problem by posting an article about it on my blog.
I never thought I would be writing this, but Microsoft’s new Windows has ruined my life. The new OS has so many bugs, I can’t even tell you all of them. But I will try. 1. Installing the files to the hard drive is impossible. 2. There is no way to uninstall the files. 3. When trying to install the driver, the Windows install process creates another file called Sdcard.sys. 4. I don’t know what it does, but it won’t let me use the driver I already have. 5. When trying to install the driver, the driver I already have won’t work because it has the wrong file name. 6. When trying to install the
An error message like this, Select the driver to install error in Windows 11 may appear when you are installing a new driver for your computer or when you are updating your device driver.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a kid, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
- When installing Windows 11, if the warning Select the driver to install occurs, it indicates that your ISO file is missing some critical data.
- This issue is typically resolved by redownloading the ISO file from a trustworthy source and attempting to install the OS again.
- Adjust your hard drive settings in BIOS if your Windows 11 bootable USB doesn’t work.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Installing a new operating system is generally a straightforward and painless operation, however problems may arise and disrupt the process.
When attempting to install Windows 11 on their PC, several customers reported seeing the Select the driver to install prompt. This may make it difficult to enjoy the operating system, so knowing how to repair it correctly is critical.
This error message may arise for a variety of causes, ranging from faulty installation media to missing drivers, and we’ll go through all of them in this tutorial. Join us as we search for the greatest answer to this problem.
Why do I keep getting the Select the driver to install error?
The most common reason of this issue is a lack of required drivers in the Windows installation disk.
This may be due to a corrupted ISO file or a compatibility problem. If the issue is caused by a compatibility issue, Microsoft will most likely fix it in a future Windows version.
Is the error Select the driver to install critical?
Yes, this kind of mistake is significant since it prevents your operating system from being installed. If a necessary driver is absent, the installation will be unable to access your hard drive or SSD, resulting in the issue.
Such problems are usually a source of worry, particularly for less tech-savvy users, but there are a few options for resolving the issue on your PC.
How can I solve Windows 11’s Select the driver to install error?
1. Download the Windows 11 ISO file once again.
- Go to Microsoft’s downloads page.
- Choose the version you’d like to download.
- Now choose the language you want to use.
- Finally, click the download button.
- Allow for the download of the ISO file.
It’s conceivable that your Windows 11 ISO file was damaged during download, resulting in the loss of certain data; however, this may be resolved by downloading the ISO file again.
When attempting to install a different version of Windows 11, some customers claimed that the error notice did not show, so be sure to try that as well.
2. Change the SATA Mode of Operation
- Continue hitting Del to enter BIOS while your PC is booting.
- Go to the Peripherals section of the menu.
- SATA Mode should now be set to AHCI.
- Save your modifications before attempting to reinstall Windows 11.
The driver will not be needed during the installation if you change this option, and you will not get the Select the driver to install statement on Windows 11.
Because each motherboard BIOS is unique, consult your motherboard documentation to learn how to enter BIOS and change the SATA Mode.
3. Obtain the missing drivers and save them to the installation USB.
- The necessary driver may be downloaded here. It’s typically a chipset or Rapid Storage driver.
- Extract the drivers after they’ve been downloaded.
- Now copy any sys, inf, or dll files that you find.
- Paste these into the Windows 11 installation disc on your USB drive.
- Restart the installation process.
- If you’re prompted for drivers, choose the ones you put on the USB device.
This problem was mainly reported on Dell machines, and the following remedy worked for many customers, so we think it would work for other PC manufacturers as well.
Keep in mind that this is a more complex approach, and you’ll need to know which drivers to download and install.
4. Perform a hard drive check.
- Make sure your computer is shut off entirely.
- Remove it from the power source.
- Open the casing of your computer.
- Examine your SATA cables to ensure that they are securely attached to both your hard drive and the motherboard.
- Next, double-check that the power cord connecting your drive is correctly attached.
- Close your computer case, plug the PC into a power outlet, and see whether the problem has been resolved.
When installing Windows 11, weak connections may cause your storage device to not be recognized, resulting in the Select the driver to install warning.
As a result, double-check your gear and make sure everything is in working order. Advanced hardware diagnostic tools are the best method to accomplish this.
How do I create a bootable Windows 11 drive?
You’ll need to obtain a Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft’s website to make a bootable disk. The ISO file should not be downloaded from third-party websites because it may have been tampered with.
Simply use Rufus to make bootable media after obtaining the ISO file. Check out our article on how to create a bootable USB drive for Windows 11 for more detailed instructions.
What are the most frequent installation problems in Windows 11?
The TPM device not identified issue is one of the most frequent difficulties encountered while installing Windows 11. If you’re not acquainted with TPM, we recommend reading our guide to Windows 11 with TPM for more details.
Even if you’re experiencing installation difficulties, following our guide to resolving Windows 11 installation issues should help you resolve them.
Getting rid of the Select the driver to install notice in Windows 11 doesn’t have to be difficult, and we hope that our ideas helped you solve the issue.
Did you figure out the solution on your own? If this is the case, please let us know in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
A driver is a piece of software that is used to help your computer recognize hardware devices. If your PC doesn’t recognize your device, you’ll receive an error message saying ‘Windows can’t find the driver required to interact with this device.’ This often results in a system crash or blue screen.. Read more about tpm 2.0 windows 11 fix and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Windows 11 installation failed?
You can try to reinstall Windows 11. If that doesnt work, you can try to repair Windows 11.
How do I fix a driver installation error?
If you are having a driver installation error, try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.
How do I install drivers on Windows 11?
You can install drivers on Windows 11 by going to the device manager and clicking update driver.
- windows 11 installation error
- this pc can’t run windows 11 fix
- windows 11 drivers
- windows 11 system requirements error
- windows 11 drivers download