Dell AC power adapter not recognized? Here’s how to fix it!
The dell ac adapter not working is a common problem that has been present for quite some time. Here are 8 fixes to fix the issue.
The battery on your Dell laptop isn’t charging because the AC power adapter isn’t recognized. Your laptop will no longer function after the battery has died. This may be aggravating. But don’t be concerned. One of the techniques listed below may be used to resolve the issue.
There are four options open to you for resolving the issue. You may try each one one at a time until you discover one that works for you.
Method 1: Disconnect the power adapter and drain the battery. Reinstall the battery drivers (method 2) Method 3: Install a new BIOS. Method 4: Look at hardware problems.
Method 1: Disconnect the power adapter and drain the battery.
If your Dell AC power adapter isn’t being detected by your computer, the first thing you should do is remove the battery and reattach the power adapter. To do so, follow these steps:
1) Unplug the laptop’s power adapter from the wall outlet.
2) Unplug any external devices from your laptop (if you have any). Skip this step if you don’t have any external peripherals attached.
3) Take the battery out. If you’re not sure how to do it, look up the instructions in your laptop’s User Manual. Skip this step if your laptop has a non-removable battery rather than a detachable battery.
4) For 30 seconds, press and hold the power button. Your laptop will lose some power as a result of this.
5) Replace the battery.
6) Reconnect the AC power adapter and the laptop to the wall socket.
7) Switch on your laptop and verify whether the AC power adapter is detected.
Continue to attempt Method 2 if Method 1 doesn’t work for you.
Reinstall the battery drivers (method 2)
You may try reinstalling the battery drivers without the battery inserted to resolve the issue.
Here’s how to go about it:
1) Turn off your Dell computer.
2) Unplug the laptop’s AC power adapter from the wall socket.
3) Take the battery out. If your laptop’s battery isn’t detachable, skip this step.
4) Reconnect the AC power adapter.
5) Switch on your Dell computer.
6) Go to Device Manager and choose it.
7) Expand the category “Batteries,” then reinstall ALL items in this category using the procedures below.
a) Select Uninstall device from the context menu of the device (for example, Microsoft AC Adapter).
b) Select the checkbox next to Delete the device’s driver program and click Uninstall.
Rep the first two steps for each gadget in the “Batteries” category.
8) Shut down your laptop after removing all battery drivers.
9) Reconnect the AC power adapter.
10) Replace the battery.
11) Reconnect the AC power adapter.
12) Restart your laptop, and the battery drivers will be reinstalled by Windows. Check to see whether the issue is still present.
If reinstalling drivers fails, try upgrading them using Driver Easy, which enables you to update a driver in just a few clicks. Download and run Driver Easy Free to search your computer for outdated drivers, then update the driver by clicking the Update button.
Continue to attempt Method 3 if Method 2 doesn’t work for you.
Method 3: Install a new BIOS.
Updating the BIOS to the most recent version may aid in the resolution of the Dell AC power adapter not recognizing problem. You can find information on how to upgrade your BIOS on Dell’s official website.
Warning: Improper BIOS modification may result in severe system problems. It may even stop your laptop from starting up. As a result, be sure you know what you’re doing. If you’re unsure, call Dell support or another IT help provider for further information.
Method 4: Look at hardware problems.
If none of the previous techniques work, it’s conceivable that you’re dealing with a hardware problem. The motherboard, the AC power adapter, or the computer’s AC adapter port may all be destroyed.
If your laptop is still under warranty, you may contact Dell support to get the damaged components replaced. If not, you may take your laptop to a local repair shop for a second opinion.
I hope you found this post useful. Please leave a remark below if you have any queries. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
The dell ac adapter unknown is a common issue that many people have faced. This article will show you how to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix my Dell AC adapter is not recognized?
If your Dell AC adapter is not recognized, it may be the power cord. To fix this issue, you will need to buy a new power cord and replace the old one with it.
How do I get my computer to recognize my AC adapter?
Plug your adapter into the wall, then plug the cord that comes out of it into the power port on your computer.
How do I fix my AC adapter not installed?
If your AC adapter is not installed properly, you may find it difficult to charge your controller. To fix the problem, simply take off the back of your controller and look for a small white tab on the bottom left side of the controller. Press this tab in with a paperclip or similar object and then put the back of your controller back on.
- dell unrecognized power adapter fix
- bypass dell power adapter detection
- the ac power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined dell inspiron
- dell charger not working no green light
- dell inspiron 15 5000 ac adapter not recognized